Thursday 13 December 2012

All about Christmas


I was talking to a friend at the end of November about school and other things and I was saying that I was trying to figure out how long to carry on with our regular curriculum before taking a break for Christmas.  I said, half jokingly, that I was ready to stop right then.  Later that evening, she sent me a link for a blog post of a lady who teaches her kids at home and they started the tradition many years ago of putting aside their regular curriculum and focusing on Christmas the entire month of December.   I loved the idea right away and it didn't take me long to decide that’s what we were going to do too.  Mike and I are both excited about the fact that Christmas will be so much more meaningful for the kids (and hopefully us too) this year. 

So we’ll be doing Christmas crafts, activities, games, baking, reading, etc.  To help us focus on Advent, we’re using this study.   

We're also making our own Jesse Tree using the study from here.   

So far we aren't as far as I thought we would be due to illness.  I had a little slip and fall incident last week plus Mike and I have both been really sick with the cold virus that's been going around.  I still have a ridiculous cough but I'm hoping one of these nights I can get some sleep and gain some energy back again.  The kids have been watching more TV than ever this past week since mom and dad have been "out of commission".    So hopefully next week we can get some more snuggles in and do some fun Christmas stuff together.  I'm looking forward to it.  

1 comments:

Catherine said...

Sorry you've been sick. :o( Hope you're all better for Christmas!

Can't think of a better way to celebrate Christmas then to spend the entire month preparing for the birth of our King!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 A Bit of This and That. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator