Sunday 2 December 2012

Christmas Books

We're starting a new tradition with the kids this year . . .  counting down to Christmas with books.  I saw the idea here.  I wrapped up all our Christmas books and we're opening and reading one a day until Christmas.  Here's our stack of books: 


This is the list of books we'll be reading, not necessarily in this order:

A Fruitcake Christmas – Max Lucado
Merry Creature Christmas – Dandi Daley Mackall
Mouse’s First Christmas – Lauren Thompson
The Christmas Star – Barbara Shook Hazen
A Charlie Brown Christmas – Charles M. Schulz
Usborne Lift-the-Flap Nativity – Felicity Brooks
A Special Place for Santa – Jeanne Pieper
The First Night – B. G. Hennessy
Josie’s Gift – Kathleen Long Bostrom
The Night Before Christmas – Clement C. Moore
The Wonder of Christmas – Dandi Daley Mackall
The Little Shepherd Girl – Juliann Henry
Christmas Around the World -  Brenda Trunkhill
The Shepherd’s Christmas Story – Dandi Daley Mackall
The Christmas Star – Christine Potter / Moira Butterfield
Listen, Said the Donkey – Jean Little
The Stable Where Jesus Was Born – Rhonda Gowler Greene
The Crippled Lamb – Max Lucado 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. I should dig all mine out soon too! Happy reading! (And snuggling!)
d

Anonymous said...

I think that is such a neat idea....we are doing it too! I got the idea from the same website....that's funny! I didn't realize how many Christmas books we actually had until I started collecting books from all the kids rooms! Thanks to Grandma giving books to the kids...we have enough from Dec 1 - 25th! I didn't write down all the titles beforehand though. The kids love it and it's neat to sit down with the whole family to read a good book!
Happy reading!
mz

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea!

Catherine said...

Great idea! I'd need to increase our supply of Christmas books to do it but I can find the ones we have and just do that many sleeps! :o)

My favourite is her Birth of Christ story that was recorded by myself and all 6 of her grandparents. I tear up every time we listen to it.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 A Bit of This and That. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator